Dragon is an adventure novel by Clive Cussler. This is the 10th book featuring the author’s primary protagonist, Dirk Pitt. A bomber, carrying a third nuclear bomb to Japan in 1945, is shot down in the Sea of Japan. Now, terrorists want to restore Japan's former glory by taking out the United States economy by planting nuclear bombs. The only hope for the free world is Dirk Pitt and the final World War Two nuclear weapon!
[[[Dragon (Clive Cussler novel)|edit]]] Characters in "Dragon"Edit
- Dirk Pitt – Special Projects Director for the National Underwater and Marine Agency (NUMA)
- Admiral James Sandecker – Chief Director of NUMA
- Al Giordino – Assistant Special Projects Director for NUMA.
- Hideki Suma - The Japanese leader to the "Kaiten Project", he plans to blackmail the world powers into treating Japan as the leading world power by secretly planting nuclear bomb cars inside the major cities of the world.
- Major Charles Dennings - Dennings Demons, Pilot
- Captain Irv Stanton - Dennings Demons, Bombardier
- Captain Mort Stromp - Dennings Demons, Co-Pilot
- Lieutenant Joseph Arnold - Dennings Demons, Navigator
- Navy Commander Hank Byrnes - Dennings Demons, Weapons Engineer
- General Harold Morrison - Special deputy to General Leslie Groves
- General Leslie Groves - Head of the Manhattan Project
- Sergeant Robert Mosley - Dennings Demons, Flight Engineer
- Lieutenant Junior Grade Sato Okinaga - Japanese Patrol Pilot
- Colonel Paul Tibbets - Pilot, Enola Gay
- Captain Arne Karvold - Captain, Narvik
- Oscar Steen - Chief Officer, Narvik
- Olaf Andersson - Asst. Chief Engineer, Narvik, Divine Star Boarding Party